HEAD COACH VACANCY
Burnley Bobcats ADM has over 200 members – from Learn to swim through to County, Regional and National Level. SwimMark Essential accredited, the club utilises two outstanding 25 metre pool facilities in the Burnley Area.
The new Head Coach will of course be qualified, enthusiastic, motivated and highly committed. We want them to bring their own ideas, whilst working closely with our experienced coaches and volunteer workforce. They will be expected to be involved with and provide leadership to all levels of the club, which is in good shape financially and ready to move to the next stage of its development.
In return, we will offer the right candidate a highly competitive package (self-employed contract, full time commitment) plus the support, should he/she wish, to further develop their career.
More information about the club, including our squad structure, timetables, and news of our recent successes, can be found on our website www.burnleybobcats.org.uk
Qualifications & skills required:
- Level 3 coaching qualification preferred (but we will consider a Level 2 qualification and suitable experience in an equivalent role).
- Qualified to facilitate a safe and effective land training and conditioning programme or willing to gain this qualification
- NPLQ lifeguard qualification (we will consider somebody who is willing to complete this qualification.
- Ability to motivate and encourage swimmers of all abilities, as well as deliver high quality training and competition programmes to those aspiring to Regionals, Nationals and beyond.
- Ability to manage, enthuse and develop a team of professional and volunteer coaches, ensuring consistency of approach throughout the club.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – to enable effective engagement with swimmers of all ages, committee members, parents, volunteers; plus external stakeholders such as swim schools, neighbouring clubs, pool providers.
- Commitment to support our highly successful open meets and our Last Chance Regional Qualifying Meet, and attend appropriate away meets throughout the season.
- Good administration skills and the willingness and ability to embrace technology.
- An appreciation that this role necessitates a full time commitment – encompassing coaching but with additional hours for training, travel, admin, and developing relationships.
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks will be carried out on preferred candidates.
Preferred candidates will be invited for interview in Mid-June which will include a training session when they will meet a selection of our swimmers and volunteers.
Closing Date 10th June 2018
All applicants must submit applications to email@example.com